Thursday 1 April 2010

"er... no that's actually my mantel piece"




today was "test shot" tutorial day, but due to the lack of focus on my little Vince's lens (Vince is the name of my 450d) i had to russell up a bit of a make do shoot in my own bedroom. but actually, it brought up some interesting points. nonna & i's rooms are quite alike, even down to the collection of rubbish on the mantel piece as jean pointed out:

"and yes, the fact you've chosen to focus in on her mantel piece shows all these trinkets of treasured memories-"
"um.... no that's actually my mantel piece... and my bedroom... actually all of those images are my room, not hers"
"oh! well now that IS interesting."

but now i have so many ideas and roads to go down that i have to rein it in a bit. i've been writing down my thoughts on the train journey's to & from nonna's as well as looking at her, her relationship to me, the loss of relations between her & my father - where do i go next!?

i think i'm just gonna do it all. end of.

1 comment:

  1. thats where you get your love of old fashioned thing coz it sure as hell is not from me!

    ReplyDelete