Sunday 8 March 2009




the cocktail of last night left me slightly dazed for the rest of the night and most of this morning. after giving you all my dad's now infamous "shocker" recipe, i decided it was pay back and exposed him to a bit of photography/mod culture and made him watch 60s cult classic "blow up" with me. he tried to be interested but two shockers and a belly full of pasta is enough so send any dad asleep so half way through he climbed up the wooden hills to bedfordshire. i don't really blame him.

i thought it was a pretty awesome film but a bit hard to get your head round at times. there was definately some substances involved in the making process, but it was 1966 so 'll let 'em off. caroline thought i'd like it - i dunno what she was trying to imply - but she was right. the photographer in it is supposedly based on david bailey. he's all eccentric and obsessive about getting the photos he wants. if a bit extreme at times, it definately sparked an enthusiasm in me. the cinematography is beautiful. here's some other stills from it. why they're in black & white, i have no idea.


even though we've settled on noi the albino for set build, i might suggest it to the team just as another option like.

anyway, i'm off to do some collaging. until next time.

emmie twee


2 comments:

  1. Oh my God Em! I didnt know David Hemmings starred in it, me and Jac used to lerve him back in the day. He was almost as gorgeous as Bailey himself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I have managed to comment at last!! How Cewal am I ?

    ReplyDelete